SUMMARY OF JOB
The operator “C” is an machine operator who has began his experience in the general operations of level “C” machines within their respective plant. His primary function is to maintain optimum / safe working conditions on the machine to consistently meet the quality manufacturing standards of the Group, with the expectation of mastering all level C machines.
- Set up machines at the beginning of shift to ensure proper working order
- Perform testing procedures to ensure that machines work optimally during the production procedures
- Maintain and clean machines before and after each shift
- Feed information akin to speed, shapes and sizes through the machine set up box
- Place parts in semi-automated machine
- Calibrate machines at the beginning of each shift
- Recalibrate machines at the end of each shift
- Monitor machines during every procedure to ensure optimum running
- Troubleshoot problems during machine operation
- Ensure that regular and preventative maintenance procedures are carried out
- Perform random tests to ensure accuracy
- Perform safety checks on every machine
- Ensure that machines are producing quality products by managing periodic checks on output
- Ensure stocks of needed materials are ready and available at all times
- Create and maintain activity logs
- Provide relevant information regarding progress to supervisors
- Other Related duties as assigned
- Postings to other EIG sites/companies as assigned
- Assist in monthly/annual stock taking as required.
- Promote safety awareness and the development of a Safety Culture within the company.
- Liaise with external customers/contractors/suppliers as and when necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2 O’Levels including Mathematics.
- Persons must be willing to work shift hours
- 3-6 months experience in a Manufacturing environment