Maintenance and Engineering
SUMMARY OF JOB
Monitors performance of equipment and components to ensure safe and efficient operation according to manufacturers’ specifications. Also performs related technical tasks to maintain equipment and components according to manufacturers’ specifications. Performs hands-on work. Takes ownership and initiative for the solution of problems. Promotes Safety Consciousness among the Team.
- Monitor performance of the plant equipment to ensure operation according to manufacturer’s specification using the Total Productive Maintenance program.
- Foster an environment of transparency and inclusion, ensuring all employees are engaged and enrolled on Company initiatives, plans and projects.
- Monitor and measure KPIs: Overall Plant Efficiency (OPE), Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), Planned Maintenance Work, Breakdown/Crisis Work, Preventative Maintenance Schedule Compliance, Man-hours charged to Work Orders, Maintenance Call-in’s per month, Maintenance Overtime, Training Days per employee per year, Maintenance Direct Work, Budget Compliance, Overtime/Straight time, absenteeism, among others, providing regular reporting on performance against KPIs and associated benchmarks.
- Ensure GEMM and Maintenance site leader are engaged on a timely manner on any material change to targets or KPIs and actively work with the MSL to develop contingency or alternative plans to mitigate the impact of the changes.
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly inspection check, record and document all conditions.
- Use Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) at the assigned site for planning and scheduling of work and for the reporting and measurement of performance and effectiveness.by ensuring all work orders are captured and completed on the system.
- Prepare Requisitions for spares, tools and all related items and obtains information necessary to ensure compliance/correctness with all specifications and standards and cost for proper execution of inspection and repairs.
- Notify Supervisor of conditions found and provide technical assistance and know how in determining preventative or corrective action to be taken.
- Prepare Requisition forms for spares parts, tools, manuals and any other materials and information needed including cost in order to conduct inspection and/or repairs – follow up with Stores and inform Supervisor accordingly.
- Perform all inspections and repairs in an efficient, safe manner, according to manufacturer’s recommendation or instructions to enable quick return of plant and equipment to standard quality conditions. Performs hands-on installation, maintenance, repair and operational work on all Equipment, Plant systems and machinery, in accordance with sound engineering and maintenance practices and principles
- To record and document all work done, parts and items used, time taken, and all other inspection and repair information. Send these to the Supervisor for quick approval and filing according to Standard Q.M.S. O.P. and W.I.
- Practice 5S and other lean principles so that all work areas including floor, benches, equipment and self are maintained and left in clean, tidy and safe condition at all times.
- Will be required to be on a call out roster as per call out policy to ensure minimum disruptions to operations after hours.
- Other Related duties as assigned
- To execute any other job related to ensuring proper operation of equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications and as instructed by Supervisor.
- Assist in monthly/annual stock taking as required.
- Promote safety awareness and the development of a Safety Culture within the company.
- Liaise with external customers/contractors/suppliers as and when necessary.
- Compliance with all EIG Group Policies.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Degree/Diploma and major if applicable:
- Technical Diploma MEET,MET, EEET
- 2 year technical degree or 3 years industrial work experience in relevant mechanical
Hands-on, technical or other types of training to perform the job:
- Predictive Index(PI) Assessment
- Mechanical Aptitude ( STM Assessment)
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- Committed to safety & organizational goals
- A record of stable & continuous employment
- Minimum of 2 years manufacturing experience
- Professional communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be 18 years of age
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs., climb ladders and stairs, and stand for continuous periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work rotating 12hr shifts, additional hours after work day & weekends/holidays
- Ability to work in a hot, humid, noisy, & high volume machine production area
- Ability & willingness to work safely & wear PPE as required
- Meeting Attendance expectation
- Work Keys(Reading & Math) Assessment (Silver)
- Must be computer literate